Monday, February 6, 2017

Review: Nuxe Rêve de Miel Cleansing Gel

Picture courtesy of swatchandreview.com

The Story
I bought a bottle of this cleanser during Sasa's warehouse clearance sales last year at RM50 for 200ml (originally RM70), which was rather pricey even after discount. The old me just couldn't say no to any kind of promotional temptations, especially ones with pretty packaging and French words on it. I was then halfway through my bliv squeaky clean cleanser which I bought for RM35 during Hermo sale earlier. Then I saw it at the Sasa sales for only RM15 wtf. And bliv glow and glory masks which I bought for RM10 a piece on Hermo were only RM5 a piece. Moral of the story: only buy supplies from Sasa warehouse sales in the future.

Review
The first thing I noticed about this cleanser was how strong the scent was. It's kind of a honey + chemical scent which is super overpowering, as if you sprayed perfume in the same spot twice. The smell lingers on my face after washing for some time. If you don't like strong scents, then this is not for you.

This cleanser actually doubles as a makeup remover but the cleansing power is not that strong. It does get rid of excess facial oils pretty well but when you have makeup on, it doesn't remove all the makeup. Traces could be spotted on my face, and my waterproof eyeliners were still intact.

One thing I noted is that if left on for a bit longer before washing off, my skin starts to burn a little. I'm not sure if that's actually caused by the ingredients or the super-powerful fragrance, since it's described as having 93% natural ingredients. Good thing is it doesn't cause any breakouts on me, though it does leave my skin a little dry post-washing.

Rating

Price: 3/5
Packaging: 4/5
Performance: 3.5/5 

Overall: 7/10

No comments: