Monday, May 9, 2016

Thanksgiving Point Tulip Festival

I decided to visit the Tulip Festival in Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, Utah during my last days in Salt Lake City. I've never attended a tulip festival before, especially not in Malaysia cos it's too hot for a single tulip to grow. I was pretty excited about it because it's gonna be a flower fest! I went there with Dani and Tayyeb. I received 2 media passes, so Tayyeb bought his own ticket.

At the entrance it says Ashton Gardens.

 
We reached around 10am, and although the sun is up, it is not too hot. There's already a huge crowd near the entrance and gift shop areas. I would recommend you to come as soon as the gates open, because when the clock strikes 12, it's going to be very, very hot! 


Tayyeb's awesome photography skills. I really don't know how he manages to capture this, but it's really cool.

Love this colour, so vibrant and fiery!

As usual, Dani poses like a queen.

Dani and Tayyeb taking a selfie shot while pretending to photograph me.

This one turned out really nice! I'm trying to catch umbrellas which are flying into the sky. A surreal Miyazaki-style scene.

Please excuse my pained look. I've got the sun in my eyes.

My face looks a bit distorted in this but it's ok!

Beautiful blossoms.

You almost can't see my eyes.

My yoga pose.

We absolutely love the waterfall! I can sense a slight temperature drop near the waterfall as the water absorbs heat. But the scorch is still there. I would recommend you to put on sunscreen before coming here. I did not put any sunscreen, and when I came home to Malaysia 2 days later, I swear I was 3 shades darker. Dani suffered a mild burn on her face and arms. So don't risk it ok?

Me and Tayyeb.

Me and Tayyeb doing the unbeatable pose at the Waterfall.

The Rose Garden was pretty, but the flowers were withering under the Sun, and so were we.


Me and bae.

Last but not least, a beautiful photo of the 3 of us. :)

Pros: A beautiful place perfect for family outings, child-friendly, wheelchair accessible.
Suggestions for improvement: 
  1. Plant tulips in abundance on one particular piece of land (my suggestion is at least 1 acre), not just by the walkways.
  2. Set up markers to identify the different species available. 
  3. Install water dispensers throughout the walkway for thirsty visitors. 
  4. Set up more benches in the shades for visitors to take a quick rest. It gets really hot at noon.
  5. Open doors earlier, say at 7am, because the sun is up by then, and the weather is cooler.

A big thanks to Josh, the Communications Director of Thanksgiving Point for the media credentials. We really enjoyed ourselves at Thanksgiving Point and would love to visit again!

No comments: