Thursday, March 3, 2011

Where To Go?

So today King Mei and I were talking about the English aural test in which two students will carry out a conversation about any topic, as long as it is not a sensitive case. We'll be discussing the places on our to-visit-someday list. King Mei wants to go to Australia some day (Remember that, Mr. O!) while my wish is to travel around the world.

List of places I want to go:

Tour Eiffel Wikimedia Commons.jpg
1. Paris - The City of Light
  • The Louvre (pronounced luvh-r)Museum, the site of the world's largest and most diverse collection of pre-20th century painting, sculpture, and decorative objects.
  • Eiffel Tower, Paris' most-recognized icon.
2. Italy
  • Grand Canal in Venice. I've always wanted to ride a gondola!
  • Leaning Tower of Pisa. Can I climb up there?
3. Do you see what I see? Yeah baby, it's Hawaii! (Sorry, do I sound like Dora The Explorer?) Clear, blue sky, transparent waters, endless stretch of fine white beach... the mere thought of it makes me swoon.

4. St. Petersburg, Russia. I'm so going to visit this country in the future! I loved the motion picture Anastasia and have since been charmed by the grandeur of the Russian culture.


I love these handmade Russian dolls! They're called Matryoshka dolls. A matryoshka doll, or babushka doll is a Russian nesting doll which is a set of dolls of decreasing sizes placed one inside the other. Do you know that Babushka means old woman or grandmother? Strangely, the dolls are so cute!


So, that's all... for now. Thanks for reading and have a great day! Don't forget to tell me what places of interest do you intend to visit in the near future!

No comments: