Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Day @ Ipoh Parade a.k.a. Parkson

My dad was supposed to attend a conference which starts at 8.00 am and ends at 5.00 pm in Ipoh. And of course, we jumped at the opportunity to tag along with him because we usually don't go anywhere far (not that I enjoyed it much).

Dad dropped us at Parkson at 8.15 am, and went to his meeting. And we had to wait for more than an hour before Parkson started its business. Luckily I brought a book there to read.

But there were always these people - chain-smokers who liked to smoke near people. I mean, hey there, if you want to smoke, please go somewhere else! Do you have to stand so close and let me inhale your putrid, asphyxiating second-hand smoke while you go on huffing and puffing and enjoying yourself?

How I wish our government would ban smoking!

After walking around for some time, we went to the second floor and waited for Novelhut to start operating.

I got myself two books, I Am Number Four (!!!) and Love is Hell, a compilation of short stories by some of the most popular writers in US. So excited!


I visited the Thai corner again, this time to buy some clothes. I bought a white T-shirt with the lettering "Don't take my photograph" in pink and a grey camera beside it. It was quite funky and pretty, but I later found out that it was a little too tight. I also bought a pretty dress which is, unfortunately, also a little to tight for me!

Everywhere, I saw girls wearing outfits of the same style. Taiwanese. Yes, they definitely looked pretty, and some were gorgeous, but when you were dressed the same as everyone, then you don't look so outstanding anymore. Not that I agree with Lady Gaga's one-of-a-kind dressing code.

I tend to go for the classic style. Boring, I know, but it suits me better.

At 3 o'clock in the evening, I fall asleep on a bench in the mall, resting my head on my sister's shoulders. My sister later told me that a lot of people laughed at me. I responded by saying, "Who cares, anyway. I'm tired and I need rest. That's what matters." I was there for 9 hours, for God's sake! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tired the least bit.


At least I didn't sleep like this:

Or this:

Or this!

Hahaha! I bet you laughed (or smiled)! That's all for today! Bye!

1 comment:

TiNg said...

Chien, enjoyed your post. Loved the last two pictures.
-Ting